Sunday, January 19, 2014

Life's Little Narrator

Avery's love for books has influenced her outlook on life. She seems to see life as one big story and herself as the narrator of it. For example, last night we surprised her by setting up "camp" in the living room because she'd been begging to go camping all day but we told her it was too cold. The girls and I were hanging out in Avery's room while Jason got everything ready. Avery had been brushing all of our hair with a little doll comb, so she brought it with her when Jason came to get us. On her way down the hall she said, "'Let's go!' said the girl with the comb in her hand." That's how she talks all day long. I'll have to listen for and write down more examples cause it's pretty cute. Here are some I've overheard while she's been playing with her Little People farm animals:

-"'Where is my falimy?' it (her toy horse) said in a puzzled voice."
-"'Don't worry, we will be in charge,' the horsies said politely."
-"'You little Chubby Face!' said the horsie to the workin' dog."
-"'You gave me a heart-attack!' said the pig."

This little girl sure keeps us smiling as she narrates her story, the story of her life.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

This little girl is darling and SO clever! I love that she talks like a book reads, love it! I also love the stories of what makes a boy a boy and poops and farts. Thanks for making me laugh tonight. Jenny, Richard's wife. :)