Thursday, January 30, 2014

All This Driving

I always thought I was meant to live in the country, but now that I actually do there is one thing that I just can't get used to: living so far away from stores! It is such a hassle when you just need one or two things and you have to drive an hour round-trip to get them.

Avery feels my pain. Today we had to "run to the store" to buy more thread for the quilt I'm making her. On the way she told me, "This is the bery last time I'm coming with you. I get a tummy ache from all this driving. This is the bery last time!" (Um, good luck with that, little girl.) And that was before we made the trip, got back home and discovered that we were locked out of the house! Then it was another hour of driving to get a key from Jason before we could go home.

Avery's counsel that I "stop being a grouch" yesterday might apply even better to me today.

No comments: