Taking Avery to the grocery store is always entertaining. She acts as if her small set of verbal skills has been dying for public exposure and she goes down each aisle with the determination to "Wow!" the other shoppers. She earned a round of applause from one lady after singing the entire alphabet song as I scanned the spice rack for cumin and rosemary. Other shoppers got to hear renditions of Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes such as Old Mother Hubbard and Hickory Dickory Dock.
Besides being entertaining she can also be a little embarrassing. Embarrassing as in she told the produce man, "You are a little chubby face!" When I told her that wasn't nice and she shouldn't say things like that, she told him, "You are baby Jesus!" I think that was meant as a compliment to make up for the previous jab at his looks? When I told her to talk nice to the kid in the cart next to us in the check-out line she told him he was a kangaroo. It seems her definition of a compliment needs a little tweaking.
It also seems that this little country bumpkin might just need to get out more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment