Monday, January 20, 2014

Bag of Tricks

I took Avery grocery shopping again last week and I swear it's as if she hears an imaginary stage director shout, "Okay, Avery, you're on!" when we walk into the store. She sang every song she knows at the top of her lungs over and over again. The other shoppers couldn't help but smile or laugh as we went by. Most songs she's got down pat, but somewhere along the line she's come up with her own version of "I am a Child of God." Hers goes like this:

I am a child of God
And He has sent me here
Has given me a bag of tricks...

Huh? What? A bag of tricks? At least that's what I thought she was saying, so I made a mental note to do a blog post showcasing her newest two tricks:


Standing on one leg like a flamingo (thanks to her new favorite book Barney's Zoo Friends).


With one eye open and one eye closed.

Pretty tricky, right? Come to find out a day or two later that she wasn't saying "bag of tricks," but "bag of twigs." Oh well, I did the post anyway :)


No comments: