Monday, January 13, 2014

The Perpetual Mullet

Avery has a habit. It's a habit that Jason was okay with at first, but not any more. She is a thumb sucker. In the beginning he was so pleased that she wouldn't take a pacifier like everyone else's kid that he was fine with it. I wasn't far behind him figuring that if I couldn't put a plug in her at places like church, at least she would. Then we realized that you can't take your daughter's thumb away like you can a binky. Now what?

Not only does she suck her thumb, she likes to yank out and hold a strand of her hair in her little paw as she does. People ask me if I cut her bangs and I know they are secretly thinking, "Hello, Woman! Ease off on those scissors!" cause Avery keeps her hair well mowed. She has a perpetual mullet.



When a guy has a mullet they say it's business in the front and a party in the back. I think when a girl has a mullet it's the opposite.

"Hair's" hopin' she grows out of this real soon! ;)

No comments: