Sunday, January 26, 2014

Junie Gets An Education

The other day Avery was begging to have a sleep-over with Junie during nap time. I thought it was a terrible idea, but relented only because Avery was finally showing some interest in being June's friend. I made Avery her own little bed on the floor next to June's crib, kissed them both good-night and left. As you can imagine, there was a whole lot of giggling and not a lot of sleeping that went on after that. Here are some of the things I overheard Avery say to June:

"How come I don't have a crib like you do, Junie Bug?"
"I'm right next to you!"
"Hey, don't pull hair! That's a no-no!"
"I just love you, Baby Junie!"
"I'm having lots of fun with you!"

Then Avery decided her little sister needed an education, so she went to the bookshelf and started going through book after book with her. She said,

"I tell you, Junie, you need to learn about this...alligators, ephelants..."
"You're learnin'! And the next book is..."
"Okay, next we need letter 'A'."
"Me and you haven't learned about this one, Junie Balloony."
**Short intermission as Avery announces, "I'm just gonna poo." Then they were right back to the books.**
"There's a couple more pages that I haven't showed you today."

The sleep-over didn't last much longer than that cause for one thing Avery was poopy and for another Junie was plumb wore out after all that learnin' and started to cry, but it sure was precious while it did.

No comments: