Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rooster

I bet I have nearly 20 nicknames for each of my children. Their smallness and cuteness make new names fly out of my mouth all day long, but Avery's official nickname is "Rooster" hands down. I usually just call her "Roost" because I'm lazy and like to abbreviate like that, but if she's in trouble it's "Rooster" for sure.

This nickname came about through an evolutionary process that started with "Runt," which I called her when she was first born. That became "Runty Roo Roo," then "Roo," then "Rooster." It fits her.

Yesterday she totally lived up to her name. Jason had the day off so we decided to go bowling. When it was Avery's turn the lane bumpers would come down and we'd get out the ramp for her to roll her ball down. She was doing everything normal at first, but that must have gotten old cause she decided to change things up a bit. On her next turn she came up and, true to her nickname, acted as if she had no arms and pushed the ball down the ramp with her little beak (AKA her nose) instead.

Now, that's my little Rooster girl!

No comments: