Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Something Mawbelous

"How was your nap?" I asked Avery the other day. "Mawbelous!" (marvelous) was her reply. She could tell I got a kick out of that so she's been using that word all the time ever since. As in:

Me: What do you want for lunch?
Avery: Something mawbelous!

Etc.

Well, today she did something "mawbelous." She read her first word!!! Ahhh! Not even two-and-a-half yet, folks! She has been loving recognizing letters everywhere she sees them. This morning at breakfast she saw the word "hand" on something. She told me all the letters in the word in order, then told me the sound that each of those letters makes, then we said those sounds over and over until there it was, "hand!" Yay! It truly was mawbelous.

Other adjectives she's used today:

Me: How are you?
Avery: Lovely!

Avery (playing at the library): I'm getting fustated (frustrated) with these blocks!

Avery (looking for her toy): Where is Amazing Elmo?

Avery (talking about her sister): June is berry sweet.

Avery to me: You look cute.

Other big adjectives in her vocabulary: terrible, nervous, proud, beautiful, fancy, jealous...I know I'm her mom, so of course I think it, but isn't she a mawbel?

No comments: