Yesterday we were walking down to visit our neighbor, Chris, who had just had shoulder surgery. Avery wanted to bring Chris one of her vitamins to help her get better and a picture she'd drawn for her with markers. We got all bundled up and trudged through the snow in our yard to the dirt road. I looked up and saw Chris's house off in the distance and pointed it out to Avery. She followed my gaze and then looked down at her little pink snow boots and said, "I hope I can make it!"(As a side note, Avery made it, but her boots almost didn't. One of them flew off into the canal when she was kicking rocks in and I had to climb down in and rescue it!)
I got a kick out of something Avery said to me today. She has started playing with all the toiletry items in the cabinet above the toilet while I do her hair in the mornings. She arranges them certain ways and smells our deodorants and puts a little shaving cream on if there is a little sticking out of the bottle, etc. She says, "I'm making my decoration." Sometimes while she's working on her "decoration" she'll put finger nail polish bottles on top of hairspray and mousse lids and call these my birthday candles. Then I get to blow them out. Today, however, she told me, "I'm not allowed to make candles cause I'm not your slave."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment