Avery loves books! We go to the library every two weeks and load up (and when I say "load up" I mean LOAD UP as in the straps on one of my multiple canvas library bags once ripped right off from the load and library books spilled all over the sidewalk of downtown Rigby! LOL)
I have learned to be careful what I read to Avery because somehow she always seems to pick out and repeat the questionable parts of the story. Like the time I was chowing down on some chocolate zucchini bread and she looked over at me and said, "You don't let anyone smile or be happy and you eat like a pig!", a line straight out of Tickle Kingdom. Or how she ran around for weeks yelling, "Hey, Ho! Blow the man down!" after reading How I Became a Pirate.
She is a little sponge and one word that she has soaked right up and used frequently ever since she learned it is the word "lair" from the Bear books (Bear Wants More, Bear's New Friend, Bear Stays Up For Christmas, etc.) It always makes me chuckle when she says it. The other day she asked me, "Is Blue (our former dog (nope, that cat killin', goat eatin' dog didn't last long around these parts)) in the mudroom? Should I sneak into his little lair and see?" Or when she woke up from her nap the other day and kept yelling, "There are two poopy diapers in my lair and they won't get out!" until I went in and saved her from them. (Yeah, should have taken those out to the trash right when I changed them. Oops!)
Here's hopin' her "lair" is extra comfortable this morning and she sleeps in til noon! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment