Sunday, December 8, 2013
L, M, N, O, Poo!
The other day when I went in to get Avery out of bed in the morning she was laying there making the "ck" sound over and over. I asked, "Are you the letter "C"? To which she replied, "Sssss." I said, "You are! The "C" says 'ck' and the "C" says 'sss.'" She so was excited. I've never seen someone so excited about the alphabet. She'll tell me, "Mommy, I love the alphabet!" She sings her ABC's non-stop all day long. (And don't worry, she's finally stopped saying "L, M, N, O, Poo.") She loves building what she calls her "letter factory" in ABC magnets on the fridge whenever we're in the kitchen. Not long ago she'd make towers out of them and as she'd place each magnet in its place she'd say something like, "The letter "C" starts with the letter "S." The letter "M" starts with the letter "D." The letter "J" starts with the letter "B." etc. It was completely jumbled and pretty funny, but now she's actually putting it all together. She can recognize most of the letters and tell you what sound they make and what words start with that letter. When we saw her progress we decided to give her her Christmas present, the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics magnet set, early cause we figured by the time Christmas rolls around she'll already have her phonics down and the toy will no long be helpful and cool. She loves it. Now what to get her for Christmas... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment