We have no shortage of kittens around here so it wasn't a great loss, but it's always kinda sad when one dies. Especially when one gets eaten by your new dog. That is exactly what happened here last week. But the dog didn't kill just any old kitten. He killed Stormy, the kitten that Avery had toted around all summer calling her best friend. I didn't know how she'd take it when I broke the news to her the next morning, but she didn't act phased. She just wanted to know where Stormy is now. I was trying to be all gentle and sweet about it so I said that Stormy is in heaven now. To which Avery replied, "Maybe she's at the dump." Well, if she was okay suggesting that I might as well say it. "No, actually Daddy threw her in the garbage can."

After hauling three cows to the dump with Jason on separate occasions (we can't keep animals alive around here!), Avery believes that everything that dies goes to the dump to get thrown in a hole. Shortly after one of these trips she was trying to climb into Junie's chair that hooks onto the counter. I told her not to because she is too big for it and it would fall on the floor and she'd get hurt. To which she replied, "And then you get really sick and die and Daddy takes you to the dump in the hole." I think today we'll take a trip to the cemetery and have a little chat :)
No comments:
Post a Comment