Friday, December 13, 2013
A Child's Prayer
Avery has gotten really good at saying prayers, mostly because it is somehow always her turn to say it. For a while there she whispered her prayers so soft we couldn't hear them. When I told her to speak up she said, "You have to be quiet when you say the prayer." (Probably something her nursery teachers taught her but I'm pretty sure they didn't mean the one actually saying it!) Sometimes she fake weeps through her prayers, you know, for dramatic effect. She never forgets to ask that Heston (her friend who was in the hospital) and Gavin (her cousin who got his tonsils out) get better soon, even though I've told her repeatedly that her prayers were answered and they are better now! The other day she branched out and asked God for something new: "Please bless me to sleep naked."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment