A couple days ago I told Avery, "Grandma Ross is going to be here in three days." Her response was, "*Gasp!* Hide!"
That is her reaction when she learns that anyone is coming over, even (or especially) Jason who comes home from work every day. Hiding from Daddy is part of our daily routine and doing it so frequently has taught me a thing or two about helping Avery hide.
#1 Don't tell her anyone is coming over until they are pulling into the driveway, cause she will want to hide from the minute you mention it until they get there (three days in the case of Grandma Ross.)
#2 When you see someone pull into the driveway, announce they're here in a nonchalant voice. If I don't do this she thinks whoever it is must be walking through the door that very minute, and she has a panic attack because she's not hidden yet. That's when the "seeker" finds the "hider" covered in blood because she panicked, threw her hands over her eyes to hide and walked into the wall. That's also when the "seeker" questions the suitability of his wife as a mother for throwing a blanket over his bleeding daughter. (Seem suspicious to anyone else?) Cross my heart I was just trying to help her hide and didn't know she had a bloody nose. (If I had I wouldn't have risked getting blood on my favorite snuggle blanket ;)
#3 If you're serious about the game, don't hide with June. She crawls out to greet whoever is coming and gives you away every time.
Hurry and get here, Grandma Ross! Avery is ready and waiting for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment