Monday, February 3, 2014

Pearly Whites

The other night after Jason put Avery to bed she started crying, "I can't sleep cause I didn't brush my teeth!" Oops! So we got her up and went through her brushing routine. She likes to do it all herself before mom or dad step in to help. First she sucks all the toothpaste off her toothbrush (yum!), then she pretends to spit into the sink with an "ah-pah!" Next she sucks on a piece of mint floss, then gets a drink out of the sink and dries her face on a towel. Such good hygiene ;)

Avery had some serious misgivings before we went to the dentist for her first time a couple weeks ago. She told me, "I don't want to go to the dentist cause I want to keep sucking my thumb!" Since the dentist didn't mention a word about that (because I forgot to tell him to (shoot!)), she thought it was great! See the expression of joy on her face:



They cleaned and examined her teeth and gave her lots of compliments about how great they looked. She was thrilled. For the next few days she kept saying, "Take a look at my teeth! How do they look?" I'd take a peek and compliment her again, and she would beam just like she is in the picture.

No comments: