Most people call it "time-out," but leave it to Jason to come up with an original name for the place Avery sits when she's in trouble. He coined the term "naughty spot" and it stuck.
It isn't just Avery's naughty spot, either. She's made sure that the whole family has had the privilege of experiencing what it feels like to have to sit in one spot "til my watch beeps" after doing something that isn't approved of.
I don't remember what Jason did to be sent there, but I'm sure he deserved it ;)
I was sent there for the first time just the other day. Avery made me sit on the rocking chair while she guarded me from a nearby stool wearing Jason's watch that she'd found lying around. With a serious face she instructed me not to talk or grab any toys. When I asked what I'd done wrong she told me that I was in my naughty spot because I'd put her in hers. How dare I?
Poor little Junie Buggy was sent there after running over Avery's toes with the car she motors around in. No guarding necessary that time, Avery just pushed the car, June and all, into my bedroom, shut the door, and ran away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment