After the holidays someone asked Avery what she got for Christmas and her reply was, "Fruit snacks!" Santa was a real hero for stuffing her stocking with such fake-fruity goodness. Jason and I took what Santa started and have turned it into bribery for potty training. Works like a charm! The only thing I feel guilty about is that about 75% of Avery's diet these days is made up of fruit snacks! Jason doesn't feel bad cause it is working.
Does this mean "Baby" is becoming a big girl? Well, even though she's practically potty trained she still refers to herself as "Baby," BUT the other day I did heard her slip up and call herself a little girl. Twice! For the record, while running away from Jason she said, "The little girl ran away as fast as the little girl's legs would carry her!" Now that, folks, is progress!
Today Avery decided to consult the scale to see if all the fruit snacks have been affecting her waistline ;) Not really, but on her way to the potty she saw the scale in the bathroom and said, "I'm just gonna stand on this to see how old I am." When she saw me kinda snicker, she knew she must have said something wrong so she tried again: "No, to see how new I am." There you go.
Fruit snack, anyone? Word is they renew you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If fruit snacks renew you, does that mean they are on our diet, Ashley? Is that the treat you want to eat for your birthday tomorrow? Haha! :o)That was such an adorable post, but then they all are! I love the little girl running as fast as the little girl's legs would carry her! :o)
Mom
The bathroom scales say I am either really old or really new. Not sure which. Haha. This baby-turning-little-girl is a hoot and a half!
OK, I just noticed that the comment I just made comment says my name is Stake Camp Leaders! Heavens. This is Trish! I guess this is a carry over from when we were running a blog for stake camp a few years ago. Duh.
Post a Comment