Every morning when June goes down for a nap, Avery gets to watch a movie while I take a shower, and because she gets to watch a movie, I never miss a shower. She never forgets to remind me, "Mommy, you need to take a shower!"
The other day after my shower I put my pajama pants back on. That's nothing new, but usually it's not so obvious because I wear solid black or brown ones. This particular day they happened to be baby blue with Eeyores on them, a dead give away that they were not meant to leave the house.
When Avery caught a glimpse of my wardrobe her eyes got wide and she asked, "You put your jammies back on?" Busted! I knew if I said yes she'd have an argument to put hers back on, too, and she would like nothing more. She hates getting dressed and would declare every day a "Pajama Day!" if she could.
As her role model, I knew I had to teach her better. I explained that I was wearing a nice shirt and that when we left the house I'd put on nice pants to go with it. Then I hurried and changed the subject and the matter was dropped. Whew!
There's not a lot that gets past this little girl anymore. Now, not only do I have to shower every day, but I have to get dressed, too. Man! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment