In public there's nothing I wish more than that Avery would just be like normal kids and say, "I need to go potty." I suggest this to her all the time, but she seems to think she has a better idea and counters me with, "Or you could say, 'Something's coming in my buuuuuuum!'" That's definitely her preferred method of alerting me that it's time to visit the john; although, "The poo is coming out!" is right up there, too. I've learned to stay calm when she uses that last line because I've also learned that the poo is not, in fact, coming out right that second like she tries to make it sound. She just loves the reaction she gets from it.
I don't think Avery ever feels more in control than when she finds just the right thing to say to make me drop everything and run, like when she used to say, "**Gasp!** Junie! The plant!" and I'd take off like a bullet to make sure Junie wasn't pulling the house plant over on top of herself again. Yeah, now I'm on to Avery's little schemes and try to remain calm so she doesn't win.
Today she came up with a new way to tell me she needs to go the bathroom. Using a line from her new favorite song, "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo," she sang, "Salagadoo, I need to go poo!" It was so creative and catchy that she almost had me excited to take her to the bathroom. Almost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment