The death of our Camry made quite the impact on Avery. If I had to guess I'd say I've probably told her "the story of my car dying" around 5 billion times since it happened, with 4 billion of those re-tellings taking place while she was sittin' on the pot. With the interest she takes in the story, you'd never know she was there to witness the whole thing first hand. That is, until you get to the part about how the car started making funny noises. I've learned not to even attempt to make the sounds the car made before it died because no matter what I do it wrong. Now I just pause and let her fill in the blanks.
It's a sad story, really, but on the plus side Avery's vocabulary has expanded from the whole ordeal. The other day while I was making breakfast, for example, I dropped an egg and it splatted on the floor. Avery looked down and said, "This is bad news! That egg is totaled!"

1 comment:
I'm Beani & worked w/Jason at the courts. I got on your blog by accident through his Face Book page. I'm addicted and TOTALLY missed your blogging during your Camery Crisis.Your blog is about the best I've ever read, you're amazing. I LOVE reading the about your family of four, but Avery's antics are the best!! Thank you.
Post a Comment