The other day Avery told me, "Daddy used to be a mommy. Then he turned into a boy cause he ate all his hair."
I'm sure she thinks that's what it takes to become a boy because "she" has been mistaken for a "he" a few times since we decided to take the scissors and even things out with the bald spot she's created on the side of her head from pulling out and "eating" (sucking on) her hair while she sucks her thumb.
This habit started long, long ago. At first the missing hair wasn't too noticeable...unless I put her hair in pigtails:
The longer it has gone on, however, the less and less hair she has left on the right side of her head and the harder it has gotten to hide the hole. Finally things were so lopsided we decided it was time to do this:
Here's a closer view:
Cute, right? But it caused quite the stir at church this week and last. Everyone and their dog wanted to know, "What happened!?!" and "Did she cut her own hair?" By the end of the three hour block I was sick of explaining so I'd just shrug and say, "Summer haircut," as if it was all my idea.
Here's hoping she grows out of this soon.
That's the long and short of it. Now you all know "What happened?!?" and how daddies become boys. Man, they must have quite the hairballs in their tummies. Gross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment