Ever since Avery discovered the floor squeegee leaning up against the wall in the basement she has been fascinated by it. Every time we'd go downstairs to do the laundry she'd beg for a demonstration on how to use it. A couple days ago we got to use it for real. It was Avery's dream come true.
I was loading some clothes into the washing machine when I heard Avery shriek. I glanced back to find her doubled over in an emergency have-to-go-potty position. I quickly threw a couple more things into the washer, closed the lid, and turned to take her upstairs, but it was too late. There she stood in a lake of pee. We both burst out laughing.
Then she spotted the squeegee and excitedly suggested that we use it to clean up the mess! It was the floor squeegee's time to shine. I grabbed it and set to work pushing the lake toward a drain in the floor, but didn't make much progress before I had to abandon the project because I started gagging. Something about knowing it was pee instead of water was more than I could handle.
Avery was satisfied by my meager efforts. She now had a visual of how the squeegee worked and she's never mentioned the thing again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment