I'm in the process of uncovering our much neglected raspberry patch (again.) I can't understand why the weeds keep coming back. You are not wanted! But they were so happy there. Some of them were as tall as me with stems as thick as my ankles. No joke. My neighbor said if I passed her place and saw weeds I could know that she was busy doing something else. Well, I was OBVIOUSLY doing something else. For a long time.
Today, however, was the day. When June went down for her morning nap I got out the kiddie pool for Avery. It was early and still chilly so instead of water I filled it with blankets, pillows, toys, and snacks. I set it on the grass next to the raspberry patch and went to town weeding while Avery played. She loved it! Later, we brought it inside for her to take her afternoon nap in and tonight after daddy put her to bed and went outside to work she snuck back into it to sleep for the night. She says she's sleeping in her "pink canal." I keep telling her it's called a pool but to no avail. It's a canal. Fine. Sweet dreams in the canal tonight, My Dear.

No comments:
Post a Comment