Thursday, April 3, 2014

Milestone

Today Avery turned to me and said, "Mom, you are the best sing (thing) in my world!" Then she gave me a big hug. How can you not be grateful to be a mom in a moment like that?

In November 2013 I started Avery's Antics as a way to help me focus on the positive aspects of motherhood and find joy in this journey that began July 4, 2011 when Avery was born. THIS marks Avery's Antics's 100th blog post! (I am so proud of myself for sticking with this project! ;) It has been a lot of work to post something nearly every day, but it has also been lots of fun and well worth it.

Writing this blog has helped me be a better mom as I realize how blessed I am to have Avery as a daughter. It's helped Avery's grandparents and other relatives get to know her even though they all live far away. And finally, I hope it will help Avery see how special she is when she reads this in the future.

To celebrate today's milestone I think it would be fun if any of you willing readers would leave a comment saying what your favorite post has been. For me, the two that stand out in my mind are "Avery's Amusing Alliteration" and "Working Woman." I like the first one because it blew my mind that someone so small could ask me to sing her a lowercase lullaby in her lair, and the second one because thinking about Avery riding off "to work" after peeing her pants was so funny to me that it still has me giggling :) Thanks in advance for your comments. I look forward to seeing what you have to say!

It's been real, but this isn't goodbye. I plan to write at least one Avery's Antics post per week in the future, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is VERY difficult to come up with a favorite but Avery's lack of shyness in singing in the supermarket is funny... So would have to go with the "Bag of Tricks"...... as one may think that she has misheard the lyrics of I Am A Child Of God - I REALLY think she is telling you that she WAS given an actual bag of tricks!!!

Jason said...

I had to review a bunch of them and I agree, it is very difficult to have just one favorite. I will choose, though, "Future Teachers, Beware" for the obvious foresight and planning she showed while arranging her show and tell.

Mary Ellen Ross said...

I actually can't think of a post I don't love! They all make me smile. Avery is delightful and you are a delightful mom and writer! But looking back I found 3 that I will never forget. The first one still makes me laugh out loud when ever I think of it. It came from a book you had been reading to Avery. You were snarfing down a chocolate zucchini muffin when Avery said, "You don't let anyone smile or be happy, and you eat like a pig!" Oh my, she has timing and personality! The next favorite is Avery and Junie's sleep-over in "Junie Gets An Education". I loved the precious comments you overheard between your girls through closed doors. The last one, "She is Horrid" is memorable to me because I was part of it, and so amazed. I was reading the poem about the little girl with a little curl who was very very good, but when she was bad (I changed the ending but Avery would n't let that happen and she finished the poem for me) She was Horrid! Oh she is amazes and amuses me. Thanks for taking the time to share all these awesome posts, Ashley!
Love Mom!

Kathy Campbell said...

Your blog is so delightful to read - I absolutely love, love, love it!

Thank you for writing this and letting us get to know her, and you, in a different way. You have a great way of writing and expressing things that it is so real that I can almost experience what you are portraying.

It is impossible to pick out a favorite as they have all been so fun to read. I laughed out loud when Avery said that her bum holds her legs together so they can kick and run!

And the way she narrates her life is amazing. And hot toots and cold toots! What an adorable child and what a wonderful mom you are. Love you both!