Thursday, July 28, 2022

Solo Dad, Pre-Log

 Ashley’s up and left me and the kids. Ooh, that sounds ominous but it’s not as scary as it sounds. Ashley is off on the trip of a lifetime, hiking the Alps with her hiking group. She decided not to take any of the kids so I get to stay home with them while Ashley is off globetrotting. 

Life is about balance and things held in a sort of dynamic tension, the yin and the yang of the universe. The culmination of one whirlwind adventure and the commencement of another. 


I’ve just returned from a quick trip to NYC with Ashley and others. It started with a red-eye flight to Newark, NJ which was followed by a full day in Manhattan - my Fitbit logged 11.5 miles of walking and my feet seem to agree with that. 


After quickly hitting the highlights of Manhattan we headed back to Newark where Ashley and the others were going to continue on to Geneva Switzerland while I returned home on a late night flight to SLC. 


After a series of delays my flight finally landed just after midnight and I walked into my home at 1am in desperate need of sleep. 


That adventurous whirlwind has culminated. Another whirlwind is about to commence. While Ashley is trekking through the Alps, I’ll be taking care of the kids, managing the house, and trying not to get fired from my job - all solo. For 16 days. Sixteen doesn’t sound like a very big number but it sure feels big looking at it from my perspective. 


If I survive I’ll log out activities of the day each day of my solo dad experience. 


Let the whirlwind commence. 

No comments: