Before I get into the exploits of the second solo day, I forgot to mention a pretty momentous event that happened yesterday.
Bryce is always asking me to play with him and one of the games he can play is “Taco, Cat, Goat, Cheese, Pizza”. Usually I’m pretty dominant when playing any game against a five-year-old but the upset of the year happened yesterday. Bryce legitimately beat me at this game. He was pretty proud of himself but, fortunately for me, he didn’t rub it in too much. Besides, I absolutely crushed him when we played “Spot It”.
Today was also noteworthy in that the kids took themselves swimming (except Bryce, my comfort level didn’t quite extend that far). Ross proved himself to be a man of consistency today when he stepped on a bee. Again. Barefooted. Poor kid. That’s his second time this year. I’m not sure if he’s seeking them out or just unlucky. I don’t think I’ve ever stepped barefooted on a bee. Maybe Ross is filling the family quota for us?
We wandered IKEA today and Bryce was loving it. He was in and out of each staged room calling, “Look at this! Ooh, look at this!” He was pretty stoked to find his new bed so I had to take a picture of him in it, which led to more pictures. Speaking of Bryce, it’s his turn to sleep in my bed with me (I thought I’d have the entire bed to myself this whole time… guess the kids had different plans). He’s totally hogging space and crowding me to the edge. This kid is a mover and kicker. Wish me luck tonight!



No comments:
Post a Comment