Avery always asks me to tell her stories. I hate making up stories. It takes too much brain power, but it's probably good exercise for my mom-brain, so I do it. All. The. Time. My rule is if I tell a story then Avery and June each have to tell one before it's my turn again. That's most likely where Avery got her story-telling start. Here are a couple of her latest tales:
1. The other day I noticed Ross' toe was all bloody. I asked Avery if she knew what had happened. In a spooky, hushed voice she said, "Maybe at 8 o'clock at night a robber snuck in and bit his toe to eat some of his blood!"
2. Avery just started gymnastics. After picking her up from her first class I tried getting her to tell me all about it. She told me that they jumped on the trampoline with a parachute. She said, "I floated up in a parachute and then a bird came and popped it and I floated back down."
She is good. No doubt. Sometimes I wish she weren't so good so I could get an honest answer out of her. Moms want the details. The REAL details. I guess it's time I tell some more stories about honesty since that approach went over so well last time, remember? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment