Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Too Much Emergency

Avery may have been born on the 4th of July, but she is no Lil Miss Independence. Nope, that would be June. Avery prefers company and help with everything.

She's fully potty-trained yet begs to be accompanied to the bathroom every single time. I don't have to help her do anything in there, I just have to be there. If I'm not she'll dance in and out of the bathroom a million times while I yell at her to go put herself on the potty. She'll plead with me to come because, "it's too much emergency!!!"

I try to get her to go by herself by telling her to chant, "I think I can, I think I can!" Yeah, that worked maybe twice.

After giving it a lot of thought she's finally come up with the perfect line to persuade me to come with her. She tells me, "Can you please take me potty cause this emergency came from the Sunday before this Sunday--the Sunday when Papa and GG were here!?!"

Yep, that got me. It was too funny to not give in. Plus, I was sick of cleaning up her pee from all the times I didn't go with her and she peed on the floor in front of the toilet with her pants around her ankles.

Now she uses some variation of that line on me every time she has to go (mainly, "Can you take me potty cause it's from yesterday early morning!?!") and we're potty pals once again. Yay.

No comments: