Monday, May 11, 2015

Liar, Liar

"She's lying! I'm truthing," Avery said the other day when I was trying to figure out what had just happened between her and June and who was going to be the one in trouble.

Avery's had a little problem with telling the truth lately. Today she whacked June on the head with a barbie. I heard June start wailing and went in to ask what happened. I saw Avery's eyes searching the room for something to blame. "June hit her head on the rocking chair." I raised my eyebrows. June was nowhere near the rocking chair. Avery tried again, "No, she hit her head on the rocking horse." Uh, huh.




Well, that was the end of Avery and June's sleep-over in the kiddie pool. Avery was sentenced to take a nap on my bed with no toys, books, or movies to entertain her before she fell asleep. I sat in a nearby rocking chair to guard her from having any fun or getting off the bed. I might have read her some scriptures about where liars go, too. Hehehe. She was ticked at me, so all that came from my little sermon was this: "Mom, you're Satan." I know.

On the plus side I just heard her reteaching everything I said to Ross and she had it all right. I guess only time will tell if she'll start "truthing" or not. Fingers crossed.


No comments: