Sunday, August 7, 2022

Solo Dad, Day Whatever

 I stopped posting and lost track of how long I’ve been being Solo Dad. Has it been a week? Two? A month? More? What is time anyway? Will I ever get good sleep again? How much pizza is too much (hard question to answer but we’ve crossed whatever line there is)?

I have been so busy the last few days and so tired when I got the kids down that I just went to bed. The last few days have been a blur and I definitely don’t know what the highlights are from each day so maybe a list is more appropriate:

  1. Kids are alive.
  2. Kids have been fed. 
  3. Kids are clean. 
  4. Lawn (front and back) edged and mowed. 
  5. Garage shelf nearly complete.
  6. Laundry still not done (but is it ever really done?)
  7. Bryce’s sunburn almost cleared up. 
  8. June has new facial marks due to trying to remove nail polish from her face when she wanted “war paint”
  9. Dad’s sanity still exists. It can’t be found at the moment but we’re assuming it’s somewhere - maybe in the laundry pile?
  10. Everyone went to church today and actually sat (mostly) quiet
Tomorrow starts another week and it’s going to be a crazy one with continuing swim lessons and June with a soccer tournament. Ashley gets home in four days and I think we’re all excited for that moment. It’s going to be a contest of who needs sleep more - Ashley with her jet lag or me with my “kid lag”. Seriously, I’m going to trademark that term. Tonight we were at Grandma and Grandpa Campbell’s house for dinner and we were playing a game afterward. I kept falling asleep while waiting for my turn - Sunday is a day of rest, after all.

Four more days. Four more days. Say it with me - only four more days. 



No comments: