Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Solo Dad, Day 6

 I can’t believe it’s been almost a week. Time flies when you’re having fun, I guess. Or something like that. 

Today is the day of toe blisters and sunburns. Both problems have the same source: the swimming pool. 

Yesterday and today the kids have all had swimming lessons. And, on the days you have swimming lessons, you can swim free at the pool. So the kids have been taking their lunch and eating it between swimming lessons and free swimming. They leave for swimming lessons at 11:15 and yesterday Ross was the first home at 2:30. Today June was the first home at about 4:15. 

Bryce came back yesterday with a slight sunburn on his shoulders so today I made sure I coated him good with sunscreen but tonight’s evidence is that it wasn’t enough. He’ll be in a swim-shirt tomorrow. Poor kid is pretty red on his shoulders and back. Which is odd now that I think about it because his life jacket should cover his shoulders so why are they sunburned if he was wearing his jacket? 🤨

Avery and June both have small blisters on the bottom of their toes - I’m assuming from the bottom of the pool and walking on the cement around the pool. Poor girls are walking gingerly around. 

All these problems aside, they’re over the moon about being able to spend nearly all day at the pool and I’m happy to accommodate as it gives me quiet time to work. 

Bryce, unrelated to his sunburn, declared that he’s not wearing shirts anymore and has been parading around topless drumming on his stomach.

June today at the pool confronted two older girls who had stolen Avery’s goggles at the pool (this legitimately happened). Avery noticed her goggles were missing and that these girls had goggles that looked just like hers. So she mentioned to June about it and June swam over by the girls and started her spy work. She heard the girls talking about their story of how they got the goggles and what they would say if confronted. June, to her credit, called them out and said the goggles belonged to Avery. The girls’ story fell apart and they said they found the goggles and thought they were for sale. June recovered the goggles and returned them to their rightful, and grateful, owner. Way to go, June!

Shirtless Bryce

Too-cool-Ross not too cool for Dad’s cooking

The crazies ready to go to swimming lessons



No comments: