Monday, August 1, 2022

Solo Dad, Day 5

 Pretty uneventful day today. I got the kids to bed early-ish last night so they were up early-ish this morning. The incentive to go to swimming lessons proved to be very effective at getting the house back into a clean state. Besides keeping everyone alive the fact that the house is (mostly) consistently clean is a big accomplishment during this time. 

I packed the kids a lunch and sent them to swimming lessons on their bikes with towels and lunch in a backpack on each of their backs, except Ross who carried his and Bryce’s because a backpack and life jacket proved to be a bit much for Bryce. Ross was a champ at stepping in for his brother here. 

Swimming lessons ended at 12:15 and the pool opened for free swim at 12:30 which gave the kids about 15 minutes to eat lunch. Ross was the first home at about 2:30 and the rest came home between 4:00-4:30. They say they want to stay until closing tomorrow and I think they just might do it. 

Laundry is creeping up on me and is probably the biggest thing I’ve not yet tackled. Tomorrow is the day, though. 

Our neighbors brought over pizza, cookies, and soda for dinner tonight. The kids were over the moon about it. 

A lot of people have been checking in on me. I’m not sure if they’re worried about the kids or just being friendly. Either way it’s nice knowing people care. A lot of people have also asked me when my two-week vacation is or what I traded Ashley for taking care of the kids while she’s off galavanting. I should have figured that out sooner as I’ve lost a ton of negotiating power now that she’s actually gone. 

No comments: