Monday, March 23, 2020

Corona Virus and Dolphins

Corona Virus has put the brakes on life as we knew it.  Two Thursdays back Tooele County School District shut down school. Church and all church related activities are canceled. Meetings of groups larger than 10 are discouraged. People are rushing to the grocery stores and buying supplies like it’s the end of the world.

Two Thursdays back was not the night to go grocery shopping, but Jason was chomping at the bit. He couldn’t even wait for me to make my weekly menu plan. If I sat down to make a list he threatened to take his own car to the store and buy what he thought we would need. Scary thought. I saw a year supply of squeeze cheese and crackers. I got in the van.

We avoided Walmart and went to Lucky’s. It. Was. Crowded. When we saw the long lines to checkout, Jason got in line to save our place while Bryce and I went back and forth getting the goods. Two hours later Jason made it to the register.

After Bryce and I finished shopping we walked next door to Cal-Ranch to kill time. “We’re gonna go see the baby chickies and bunnies!” I told him.

“And dolphins!” Bryce added. 

And dolphins. Nothing like the innocence of youth to lighten the mood.


No comments: