Sunday, March 8, 2020

Annie's Curse

Annie is an awesome teenager in our neighborhood. We love Annie! Among her many virtues is her love for children. She's a great babysitter and is in high demand. I always feel extra lucky when she's available to babysit for us. At least I used to...

Somehow something always seems to prevent us from actually going out whenever we've got Annie lined up to come over. I think she babysat for us one time without incident, but it was all downhill from there. The next time she was coming I got bit on the butt by a dog and didn't want to sit through the concert we were planning to attend. The following time June came down with a fever right before we were going to leave. The last time Annie was coming Ross broke out in weird red spots all over his body.

Avery used to chant, "Get Annie! Get Annie!" whenever we told the kids we were going on a date. Not anymore. This last time Avery said, "Don't get Annie! One of us will probably get the Corona Virus if you ask Annie! Someone always gets sick when we ask her!"

Strange but true. It's a real shame cause we all love Annie!


No comments: