Ross (3)- When I was pregnant with Ross I had a feeling that someone really special was about to join our family and that he was going to be a blessing to us. I've had to remind myself of that over and over as we've navigated some difficult stages with him since he hit 2 1/2 years old, LOL, but through the hard moments I can't dispute the fact that he's a super special kid and he's a great blessing to us.
The one word that comes to mind when I think of Ross is
Ross got potty trained this year! It may have taken the whole year, but we're finally there. Hallelujah! He also learned to ride his bike without training wheels! I was impressed. Ross loves books. Last night we had a read-a-thon on my bed and afterward Ross declared it the BEST. NIGHT. EVER! LOL. He especially likes books about animals, like National Geographic Kids. He's gone to Joy School (with hesitation) for the last year and a half. His favorite show is Paw Patrol. My favorite thing he says is, "Holy Heck-a-mole!" Like June, his breakfast every morning consists of a cup of hot chocolate. His favorite color is blue. His favorite blanket comforts him when he's hurt or sad. He loves to play with cars. He enjoys sledding, bike rides, swimming and going to parks.
My favorite memory with Ross in 2018 was when Jason took the girls camping and it was just me and the boys at home. Ross got to call all the shots. We rode bikes to the park, had a picnic dinner on the back porch and then snuggled up to watch a show before having a sleep-over on my bed. I wouldn't be surprised if Ross learns to read in 2019 just by watching June practice. Jason's goal for him is to learn to go to bed without someone sleeping next to him. Fingers crossed!
We love our Rossy!
Ross is such a good big brother.
I may have spent half my life trying to get Ross buckled up to to places, but that smile makes me forget my woes. LOL.
We had a video of Ross and Grandma Ross riding the bull at the Ross Reunion that he watched nearly 10,000 times until he accidentally deleted it. This might be his favorite memory of the year.
When dad and the girls are away, mom and the boys will play! Ross inherited this super hero bike and was so excited to not have to ride a pink and purple one any more.
I love Ross' face in this picture!
Ross and June love these scooters, unfortunately so much that they never last longer than a year!
Tickle torture at the Jordan River Temple Open House with Grandma Ross
We like the free zoo days during the winter months. This polar bear and Ross locked eyes for an uncomfortable amount of time. It freaked Ross out. LOL.
Feeding the ducks while Jason kayaks in the background on Memorial Day at Stansbury Lake.
Joy School graduation with friends Ian and Wade.
Ross is a momma's boy!
Riding around Payson Lake
Wearing his Sunday best and climbing around in the yard. Doh!
Ice cream cones and the car cart at Macey's. Score!
All aboard the choo-choo train!
A life jacket AND a tube. It would appear that Ross doesn't trust Uncle AJ's kayaking skills. LOL. This was a fun day at Pineview Reservoir.
Ross was completely beat after spending the weekend playing at Pam and Fred's cabin.
June and her friend, Rose
Ross loves to fly high on the glider on our swing set. Here he is with his friend, Ian.
Big helpers at Home Depot
Don't eat me! Ross and Avery at the Dinosaur Museum
I thought Ross was too young to take off his training wheels, but I finally gave in to his begging. He took off on his first try and rode around the block 5 times like an old pro. (My only salvation is that he still can't get started by himself, otherwise he would be G-O-N-E!)
Ross still loves 4-wheelers. This was our camping trip at the Ross Reunion on the Boulder.
Ross LOVED going to Lagoon with Grandpa and Grandma Campbell!
Playing doctor
June and Ross making Easter egg hunts for each other






No comments:
Post a Comment