Sunday, November 12, 2023

Mini Marathoners

 The elementary school that Ross and Bryce go to has what they call a “Mini Marathon” every spring. Each grade walks over to the high school and races each other in a certain amount of laps around the track, depending on the grade. Ross got 2nd place in 1st grade and 1st place in 2nd grade. He’s determined to come in in the top three in 3rd grade. 


This spring will be Bryce’s first Mini Marathon and Ross has appointed himself Bryce’s coach. He has Bryce doing timed runs to Deb and Willie’s fence, lifting weights, and wearing the best gear. 

Friday when Jason picked them up from school he heard them have this conversation:

Ross: So, how did it go? Did you beat him?

Bryce: No. I almost did, but he put his arm out so I couldn’t go around him.

Ross: Hmmm…. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this…. It’s time for rocks in the backpack. 

LOL Watch out first graders! Come spring, Bryce will be ready for ya! 

No comments: