Sunday, February 10, 2019

Idahome

Avery and June are beyond proud that they're from Idaho. Most of the time when I pull-up to pick them up from school they're standing there in the snow without their coats on! When I ask what the heck they think they're doing, their response is always the same: "We're Idaho kids!"

Who needs a coat in Utah when you're from Idaho? Twenty-five degrees feels balmy to an "Idaho kid!"

I hear the word "Idaho" on a daily basis. Everything reminds them of something from Idaho. Avery is constantly writing letters back and forth to Idaho friends. She and June are planning their birthdays to be there. Avery wants the next Ross reunion to be at Rigby Lake. Avery, June and Ross all want to move back and live in Idaho when they grow up (but only as long as Ross's house is built of bricks because there are wolves there.) And they all want to be buried there when they die.

I guess you can take an Eldredge kid out of Idaho, but you can't take Idaho out of the Eldredge kids!

No comments: