Monday, July 31, 2017

The Big Move

A month ago we moved from 8 acres in the country to .23 acres in a subdivision. It's a definite change of scenery.


Avery loves it. The first day we were here she kept saying, "I can't believe this is our house!" She colored a sign that said, "I just barely moved here!" and held it out in front of her as she marched around the block. We have two little girls next door and another one behind us, so it is heaven for her. She wakes up and hurries to get her chores done each day so she can go play with her friends.


When I told June it was our last day in Idaho she said she'd better go say good-bye to all her friends, so she went  around bidding farewell to all the trees and the flowers and the raspberries and the strawberries, etc. She still talks about them by name and truly misses them, and all our sweet neighbors, too.


Ross took the move the hardest. As the movers packed up his bedroom he said, "No me happy! I not ready for this!" When we unpacked in his new room he squealed with delight as we unwrapped each of his toys. It was like Christmas! I don't think he realized he was going to get all his stuff back. No wonder he was such a grump! He has had a hard time adjusting from having the run of 8 acres to being confined to our yard. We weren't here one hour before some strangers found him on the next street over and returned him to us. That has been a challenge. If you see a 2-year-old flying by on a skooter, no, he doesn't have permission and please don't run over him!


Bryce got his own room when we moved here. I'm sure he's happy to not have to listen to me snoring anymore, but then again, he's happy wherever he is! He is my angel baby!

And such is life in the "city."


No comments: