Friday, February 10, 2017

Land That I Love

Avery and June are always insisting that we move to Utah so we can live by their cousins and grandparents. Three days ago we found out that Jason's job is being moved to Salt Lake. I thought this would be good news, but the kids were less than thrilled.

The next day when Avery got off the bus she came dragging down the driveway and slumped into the house. Usually she's skipping all the way, hair bouncing behind her. I asked her what was wrong. She finally confessed that she'd been singing "It's a Grand Ol' Flag" on the bus and when she got to the part that says "it's the land I love" she got really sad because this is the only land she loves! She was so sad, in fact, that the bus driver made her come up a million times to ask her what was wrong and finally made Brady come sit by her to cheer her up. Haha!

This will be a sad move in many ways, but we feel we've been prepared for it and we'll be taking lots of great memories with us.

No comments: