Thursday, February 9, 2017

Parenting Advice From A 5-Year Old

My goal is to one day be a nice mom. The other day I asked my kids for their input on this. "What can I do to still be nice when you're all crying and whining all the time?" I asked.

This was Avery's response, "You need to control yourself. You're the only one who can control yourself. No one else can do it for you. If you can't control yourself, just put yourself in time out until you can."

Not only does she provide me with sage advice, but she gives me incentives to be nice, too. Today she said if I want a Valentine from her I have to earn it by being nice, and if I'm not nice I could lose it.

Maybe she and I should switch roles. I act more like a 5-year old most of the time anyway!

No comments: