Avery LOVES school. Saturday was such a let-down cause she didn't get to go. Her favorite part? Riding home on the bus. It takes me 8 minutes to drive her to school and 70 minutes for the bus to bring her home. Hello!! I beg her every day to let me come pick her up, but she won't hear of it. It's just too cool that the bus takes all the kids from Kindergarten-12th grade home together. She feels so mature getting to be with the big kids. Not to mention she doesn't have to wear a seat belt!
I'm always curious who she sits by and what they talk about. The first day she sang "The Wheels on the Bus." The second day she told her "good old friend" (the older girl who sat next to her) the scary story I'd told her on my way to drop her off. The third day a 1st grader told her riding the bus was boring. After that she agreed to let me pick her up tomorrow. But tomorrow ONLY, and only for my sake.
I'm sure the day I get tired of driving her will be the day she gets tired of riding the bus. Sounds about right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment