Today after I had Ross all buckled up in the truck and June half way in, Avery told me she had to go potty. (Why do they always wait til the worst possible time before they mention that?) I wasn't about to get everyone back out. No way! Too much work. I told her she'd have to go back into the library and go by herself.
Her eyes lit right up. This was the biggest moment of her life. She was going to a public bathroom. Alone. Without Mom. I swear she grew three feet as she opened the door to the library and disappeared inside.
After I got June all buckled in I went to check on her. All the stall doors were wide open in the lady's room, so I called her name. She answered. There in the handicap stall she sat, taking care of business all by herself. With the door wide open. (Did I mention that?)
She was so proud. She told me how she almost went into the men's bathroom, but she didn't. Whew! Then she made me go back to the truck so she could finish her mission alone.
When dad got home tonight she told him all about it. It was the highlight of her day.
Our little girl is growing up. (Sniff, sniff.) I can't believe I'm saying this, but least she still needed me to wipe her bum "cause it was poo."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment