Saturday, September 26, 2015

Losing It

I feel like I've lost more of my brain with each child I've brought into this world. Small incidents confirm this on a daily basis.

The other day we were going to take a picnic lunch to the park, and June wanted to help pack it. As I finished getting ready for the day she kept appearing to ask what else we were going to bring. When I finally made it to the kitchen and opened the cupboard to get the bread and make sandwiches, I couldn't find it.

"Great!" I thought. "Where on earth else could I have put the bread?!?" I looked in the fridge. Not there. I was just about to start looking through every cupboard in kitchen while muttering something about losing my mind, when June piped up and said the bread was in the truck. Huh?!?

I went to the truck and I'll be danged if that cute little kid hadn't hauled out a loaf of bread, a jar of honey, a bag of Craisins, and one apple for our picnic. Avery had opened the door for her. It was the cutest thing!

The best part was that I'm not as crazy as I thought, though I probably looked it when we got to the park and I pulled a huge serrated knife out of my diaper bag...to cut the bread, of course!

No comments: