Wednesday, August 5, 2015

To Be A Pioneer

Today Avery held up the microphone that goes to June's toy piano and said, "I'd like to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. I know Ira Eldredge crossed the plains. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Avery really enjoyed learning about the pioneers on Pioneer Day this year. She hung on my every word as I told her pioneer stories and she asked me to sing "Here Comes the Oxcart" until she had it memorized and could sing it herself.

The other day she told me she wanted a pioneer in our family. I said we do have pioneers in our family. That wasn't good enough. She wanted a pioneer in our house. So, I told her to do something that had never been done before and then she'd be a pioneer. This is what she came up with:

"June could take a nap on your bed while I clean up all the toys in my room- June's toys and my toys!"

Sad that cleaning up toys is such an original idea!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, I like her gumption/creativity.