Friday, August 14, 2015

I Can't Pay The Rent!

Growing up my mom always tried to make work fun, from playing card games like "Spit in the Ditch" to see who got to do what dish job after dinner, to singing silly songs or doing funny skits while we worked to keep our spirits up.

To this day I can't pick and snap green beans without a smile as I think of mom sitting on the back porch doing all the voices and dramatic faces as she acted out this little ditty:

(Bad guy voice, furrowed brow, green bean mustache) You must pay the rent! You must pay the rent! You must pay the rent right now!

(Damsel in distress voice, pleading look, green bean hair bow) I can't pay the rent! I can't pay the rent! I can't pay the rent right now!

(Bad guy voice, furrowed brow, green bean mustache) You must pay the rent! You must pay the rent! You must pay the rent right now!

(Damsel in distress voice, pleading look, green bean hair bow) I can't pay the rent! I can't pay the rent! I can't pay the rent right now!

(Superhero voice, determined look, green bean necktie) I'll pay the rent!

(Damsel voice of relief, eyes shining, green bean hair bow) My hero!

(Bad guy voice, furrowed brow, green bean mustache) Curses! Foiled again!

Hehehe!
________________________

Credits:

Best Furrowed Brow: Avery Mae Eldredge
Best Bean Snapper: June Louise Eldredge
Best Bowtie: Ross Ira Eldredge
Costumes: Some Slacker!





2 comments:

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU WROTE THAT DOWN. :) EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHY.

Unknown said...

I love the bean snapping song!