I have a twinge of guilt every time we pass our neighbors llamas because Avery always says, "I see the llama that you were gonna throw me out at!" (Hehehe.) The story is that we were on a walk and Avery was being a pill! She wouldn't listen to anything I said and kept jumping up and down and rocking the double stroller as I tried to push it along. I finally threatened to throw her out with the llamas we were passing by. "You can have a llama mama," I threatened, relinquishing my role as her mom if she wouldn't behave. Of course she has never forgotten that and has to bring it up every time we see them.
In case anyone out there had me pegged as a perfect mother, here are a few other things Avery's said to me lately that give you a glimpse into our not-so-perfect mother-daughter relationship: (Oh, well, I try.)
I know that when my mommy doesn't want to take me potty I just go in my pants. (She sang this line in a song as she held open The Children's Songbook.)
___________
Mom, I would be really happy if you would leave this house and I only had a daddy.
___________
Mom, you are responsible to clean-up the messes I make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment