Sunday, January 27, 2013

What These 3+ Homeowners Have Been Up To...

December 17th, 2012 we moved into our first home:


It's a cute, old farm house just outside of Ririe, Idaho. The location is BEAUTIFUL! In fact, during Jason's first job interview at BYU-Idaho I drove all around the area and thought to myself that this location was my favorite. It's a dream-come-true that this is where we actually ended up. We feel very blessed and happy to be here.

So, now that we are home owners this is what we've been up to...

Jason keeps the driveway clear, and in Idaho this is no small task!

Avery plays in the yard, which she calls "the park" because that's all she's ever known. Haha!

And I paint! And paint, and paint, and paint...and then I paint some more.

Here is the progress we've made so far (and I say "we" because Jason helped, too!)...

The entry way went from this:

To this:

The living room went from this:

To this:

The dining room went from this:

To this:

And finally, the kitchen went from this:

To this:

Everything is the same color now and feels a lot more peaceful. *Sigh* And now that the front of the house is done and I'm completely sick of painting what do I do? Start painting the bedrooms, of course! After all, we only have three and a half weeks until due day and it's hard enough getting any painting done with one kid running around!I don't foresee myself accomplishing much once we have two.

Apart from what we've been up to since we moved here, here are a few other things we love about our home/are learning through home ownership...

Avery loves the glow-in-the-dark stars on her bedroom ceiling, watching birds and cows out the windows, opening and closing the gates on the way to the barn to feed the cats, swinging on the swings, jumping on the trampoline, and best of all: sitting on the front porch and eating icicles while mommy sings "Little Bunny Foo Foo."

I love this swing-out mirror:
It might just be my favorite thing about this house. Hahaha! I think it was invented for pregnant people so we don't have to lean over the counter to do our make-up and hair. It makes my day every day!

Jason is learning about alternative ways to keep warm since receiving our first heat bill. Whewy! We nearly died over the difference between heating the small apartments that we've lived in and heating a house. Wow! Here is one of Jason's solutions:
His receptionist crocheted him this hat with a beard and mustache attached when he complained about how cold his face was after having to shave. It was a very timely gift that I foresee getting a lot of use :)

Home sweet home!



2 comments:

Raychel said...

So cute Ash! You've always been amazing at anything cute and crafty. Love the colors. That beard hat is awesome!

Shauna said...

Yay pictures! I love it! Seems perfect for you guys! You guys have gotten a lot done! Good for you! Looks great! :)