Avery likes to write. Fact. At Parent-Teacher Conferences Jason asked Mrs. Topham how she felt about the quantity of extra book reports Avery turns in. Was she ok with it? Was she drowning in them? Mrs. Topham was very kind about it. Hahaha.
I feel her pain. I have to read them, too. Not that they're painful to read (they're actually quite entertaining sometimes), but there's just so dang many of them!
Book reports aren't the only things Avery writes. She is quite the little list maker! The other night she said, "If Dad ever says, 'When have I ever lied to you?!' I can pull this out!" She then presented the following list entitled "Things dad lied to me about" complete with the dates when the lies took place:
In case you can't see it, it says:
1. July 2020, When dad said whoever sleeps in the longest gets a treat and I won and then he said he changed his mind.
2. August 2020, When dad said I should make a presentation about jackalopes.
3. October 2020, When dad said we were going to make a spook hall for Halloween.
4. January 2021, When dad said that we would have pizza, crazy bread and a movie, but we didn't watch a movie.
5. January 2021, When dad said that the next song for the dance party would be the freeze song, but he turned on the bear hunt.
How dare he, right?! Someone should have shown this list to the Stake President before they called him into the bishopric. LOL
Her latest list, "Avery's Bucket List 2020," came after she heard about my "40 Before 40" list. Hers is without a doubt unlike any bucket list I've seen before...
It says:
- Go skydiving
- Be a farmer
- Jump off that bridge mom had nightmares of me jumping off of
- Act like a cavewoman
- Toilet paper dad
- Get dad good on April Fools Day
- Eat Coca Cola
- Eat Dr. Pepper
- Eat Diet Pepsi
- Have my own guitar
- Be able to play the guitar
- Throw a pumpkin at someone's house
- Scare the boss of Dad's work half to death
- Go around causing mischief
- Be a cowgirl
- Eavesdrop on someone sleeptalking
- Be able to lasso anyone real good
- Go to the Amazon Rainforest
- Have 4 kids
- Have a truck
- Be called crazy by my husband
- Tame a jaguar and have it be my pet
- Throw Ross' remote control car out the window
- Be a spy
- Have my own trampoline
- Go in June's house and cause mischief
- Scare people all night on Halloween
- Be an outlaw
- Live in a forest
- Give Garrett nightmares
- Go on the roof
- Have any pet I want
- Have pizza whenever I want
- Be stronger than dad
- Make my own decisions
- Be the cause of a power outage
- Have a vacation on a houseboat all by myself and shout any word that come into my head into the night
- Be able to go to Fiiz and Roxberry whenever I want
- Learn every language
- Have a phone
- Go to everywhere
- Move to the frontier as a kid and be able to do whatever I want whenever I want
- Sleep under the stars
- Put a noise-proof barrier around Ross
Jason' favorite goal is "Be the cause of a power outage."
Mine is, "Have a vacation on a houseboat all by myself and shout any words that come into my head into the night." (When I asked her what kind of words she was going to shout, she said, "Oh, you know...things like Tyrannosaurus Rex and stuff...")
And Grandpa Ross said to let him know when she gets her noise-proof barrier built around Ross and then he'll come visit. LOL
Such great aspirations, no? Now we just need to sort them into the four goal categories outlined in the church's Children and Youth Program (mental, physical, spiritual and social) and start crossing them off.
...Oooooooor not!


No comments:
Post a Comment