Saturday, February 1, 2020

Literally Five!

Ross has literally been counting down to his birthday forever, and now it's literally here! He's five! And what an adorable five-year old!




His favorite word right now is "literally," which he pronounces "wita-wee." When he's on a "literally" kick, he'll use it in just about every sentence. Here are some examples:

  • Me: So who's gonna drink this potion?
  • Ross: Literally no one. You'll find out after winter is over.

  • Literally peanut butter is good for you, but not too much.

  • I might get a "nice ticket" for this. I'm literally just guessing. I'm literally not going to ask for one.

  • I tied a string to my truck cause it might literally go in the road, and if it does I can just row it in. And if it literally goes in the grass and I have a broken leg, I literally won't have to go get it! 
His overuse of the word is so funny. 

Here are 5 things to help us remember what Ross was literally like at this age:

1. Ross literally loves sleepovers with Grandma Ross! He got talked into setting a goal in Joy School to learn my phone number, but his real goal is to have a sleep-over with Grandma every week! He and Bryce spend all day every day packing suitcases full of toys and blankies so they'll be ready to go when the moment arrives. As soon as Ross earns 10 "nice tickets" he'll be heading over the river and through the woods!



2. Ross literally doesn't love going to Joy School. Even after 2 1/2 years of it, I still have to bribe him to go 95% of the time. Why? He says, "I just love you, Mom, and I always want to be with you! I'll miss you too much!" Melts my heart, but, oh-boy, Kindergarten is gonna be a struggle! At least he usually has fun once he's there, so that is some consolation.




3. Ross is literally learning lots from his online preschool, Upstart. It's just 15 minutes every day, but he's already reading short words. His favorite thing is his little chick that he watched hatch and whose growth he gets to chart every day. He calls me over to see it each time. It's almost fully grown and he couldn't be more proud!



4. Ross is literally the best big brother. He and Bryce are besties and play together All. Day. Long. I don't know what Bryce will do when Ross starts Kindergarten! They have great imaginations and aren't picky about toys. Anything will do!




5. Some of Ross's favorites are literally legos, big cats, books, his remote control truck, sledding, Lion Guard on Disney+, playing the Wii, bike rides, cars, parks, swimming, snuggles, taking things apart, building stuff, playing with Tayden (until they inevitably can't agree on what to play), and helping cook.



Literal Praise for Ross:

"Ross is great! He always knows all the answers." --Bro. Mangum, Sunbeam teacher

"He's my favorite kid in the ward." --Tom Brusch, Elder's Quorum President

"He is my favorite! Love that kid!" --Mariah Hansen, Joy School mom

"He is one special little dude! He has such a good heart. I love having him home with me all day long! He is so much fun!" --Mom

No comments: