Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Oatmeal Sandwich

Remember that scene from the old movie Yours, Mine, and Ours where Phillip has to invent the "oatmeal sandwich?" He's one of the youngest of a whole mess of kids in a blended family and he can't ever seem to get to the food fast enough for all the big kids, so when it's finally his turn he has to make due with what's left.

I think Ross must feel like that. Lately all the good food has been going straight out the door to other families. Ross has finally figured out that if he wants the good stuff he's got to act fast. The other day when I was baking cookies he climbed up on a stool, looked me straight in the eyes and announced, "Mom, I just moved here."

Worked like a charm!

Now whenever there's something Ross wants, he knows just what to say to get it.


No comments: